Principal Engineer – Testing
Unisys is looking for senior, experienced principal engineer who will be leading the junior engineers on Security product testing and related technologies such as programming languages, databases, core computer science concepts and networking technologies, to drive the establishment of Stealth testing competency at Unisys India Technology Center.
JD is given below pl share your updated profile at firstname.lastname@example.org or can call at 8699415777.
- Experience of leading medium to large Software Quality Engineering teams in an Agile environment
- Must have experience in leading software security products testing. Preferably in the network security domain.
- Highly knowledgeable of automation methodologies, processes, and tools with 10+ years of hands on experience
- Wide exposure in designing automation techniques across the technology stack
- Technical hands-on with building large-scale testing solutions with any of the object-oriented language(s)
- Experience in end-to-end execution of test automation projects
- Knowledge of design principles, fundamentals of architecture, quality processes and estimation techniques
- Experience with building testing tools that are highly available, scalable, and reliable on a cloud platform
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving challenges for existing testing tools/frameworks
- Experience with evaluation of open-source frameworks, libraries, and tools
- Experience with collaborating and working effectively across organizations; Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Work in an engineering team and understand the portfolio of the security products, the technical architecture, tools, processes, etc.
- Interface with engineers from other labs of Technology to understand the product/technical architecture, understand the big picture to gain mastery of the products’ architecture in the portfolio
- Triage defects found and perform root cause analysis
- Track and debug customer issues and work with engineering on issue resolution
- Champion customers and identify key backlog items for inclusion in each release.
- Design, implement, and maintain continuous integration and delivery mechanisms across multiple product lines
- Participate in requirements, design and test specification reviews
- Partner with development team to raise the quality bar and improve test coverage on each release
- Mentor and coach mid-level/junior engineers to solve technical challenges
- Represent Unisys in technical forums and seminars
- Interface with Engineering’s partners like Customers, Marketing, CSC, TSS, Services, etc. and lead technical discussions in complex engagements and emerging business models.
Qualification BE / Masters in Software Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
Experience 13 to 17 Yrs.
- Must have software security testing skills and tools used including network security, Cryptography, PKI, and Digital Signatures, SSL certificates
- Must have very good knowledge on networking concepts (CCNA certification is an added advantage), LDAP
- Web Application security testing, Vulnerability Assessment, penetration testing and generating reports using tools
- Application and Network security testing using tools like Burp Suite, Paros, AppScan, Wireshark, Nmap, and Nessus.
- Hands on experience using CI tools like Jenkins, AWS, Azure DevOps or equivalent
- Must have good understanding of Linux and Windows OS
- Must have good understanding TCP/IP protocol stack and networking fundamentals
- Hands on in variety of DevOps tools and processes, Revision control systems (Git, etc) and Continuous Integration systems (Jenkins, etc)
- Ability to understand, evaluate and propose new features for existing and upcoming products
- Ability to provide architectural and design artifacts for Systems/Networking products.
- Strong domain knowledge and exposure to different technologies
- Deep knowledge of Product engineering life cycle
- Deep understanding of Global engineering environment and ability to provide technical leadership in cross-cultural teams
- Prior experience in mentoring and coaching junior and high potential engineering teams to sharpen the technical skills and improve productivity in complex technical environments
- Ability to lead conceptual research projects and take the results / prototypes to large scale engineering projects.
- Prior experience in collaborating across different QA organizations.
- Prior experience in coming up with automation frameworks.
- Individual contributor, Leadership & team player, communication skills
- Understanding of relational and/or non-relations databases
- Exposure to a culture of DevSecOps would be an added advantage
- Good Verbal and written communication skills
- Certification: Certified Ethical Hacker would be an advantage
- Demonstrable skills in developing UI & API automation frameworks with enterprise and open source tools